Two Britishers cheated in Jaipur
Jaipur: Two British nationals were duped of Rs 6.8 lakh by two touts who had promised to deliver gold jewellery to them, police said.
Lee Anderson and Tina Pophof sent an email from Britain to the Jaipur Police Commissioner following which an FIR was registered last evening at the Sadar police station against Mohammed Hussain and Vicky.
"The duo had promised to send gold jewellery to the foreigners and had taken Rs 6.8 lakh from them for the purpose during their (British nationals`) stay in the city, from December 5 to December 11. However, neither did they keep their promise and nor did they refund the money," said Sadar Station House Officer, Manoj Gupta.
The main accused Hussain has been detained while a search is on for his associate, Gupta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city