Two Britishers cheated in Jaipur
Jaipur: Two British nationals were duped of Rs 6.8 lakh by two touts who had promised to deliver gold jewellery to them, police said.
Lee Anderson and Tina Pophof sent an email from Britain to the Jaipur Police Commissioner following which an FIR was registered last evening at the Sadar police station against Mohammed Hussain and Vicky.
"The duo had promised to send gold jewellery to the foreigners and had taken Rs 6.8 lakh from them for the purpose during their (British nationals`) stay in the city, from December 5 to December 11. However, neither did they keep their promise and nor did they refund the money," said Sadar Station House Officer, Manoj Gupta.
The main accused Hussain has been detained while a search is on for his associate, Gupta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani