Woman found dead in Bundi
Bundi (Rajasthan): A 24-year-old married woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at her residence here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Tirath village in Keshoraipatan area, they said.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman`s parents, she was killed by her husband and in-laws for dowry.
The family alleged her husband and parents-in-laws used to harass the woman since her marriage, about five years ago, for dowry.
However, the woman`s family refuted the charges and said she committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan of her room.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, police have registered a case against her husband and in-laws, Keshoraipatan police station SHO Jaswant Singh said, adding that police are investigating the murder angle.
No arrest has been made so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men