Woman found dead in Bundi
Bundi (Rajasthan): A 24-year-old married woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at her residence here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Tirath village in Keshoraipatan area, they said.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman`s parents, she was killed by her husband and in-laws for dowry.
The family alleged her husband and parents-in-laws used to harass the woman since her marriage, about five years ago, for dowry.
However, the woman`s family refuted the charges and said she committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan of her room.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, police have registered a case against her husband and in-laws, Keshoraipatan police station SHO Jaswant Singh said, adding that police are investigating the murder angle.
No arrest has been made so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open
- Opal-studded meteorite points towards evolution of water on Earth!
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!