Woman found dead in Bundi
Bundi (Rajasthan): A 24-year-old married woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at her residence here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Tirath village in Keshoraipatan area, they said.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman`s parents, she was killed by her husband and in-laws for dowry.
The family alleged her husband and parents-in-laws used to harass the woman since her marriage, about five years ago, for dowry.
However, the woman`s family refuted the charges and said she committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan of her room.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, police have registered a case against her husband and in-laws, Keshoraipatan police station SHO Jaswant Singh said, adding that police are investigating the murder angle.
No arrest has been made so far, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended