15 Technology Centres being set up in country: Muniyappa
Ambala: MSME Minister K H Muniyappa Wednesday said 15 technology centres are being set up across the country at an investment of Rs 2,200 crore, where training of international standards would be imparted to youth to enable them to meet global industrial requirements.
"The placement rate of these Centres would be 80 to 85 per cent," he told reporters after the foundation stone laying ceremony by state`s Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda for a Tool Room or Technology Centre at Industrial Growth Centre at Saha near here.
He said apart from the 15 technology centres, upgradation of the existing 18 tool tooms and Technology Development Centres are also underway.
Lauding the development of Haryana, the Minister said that during the last few years, Haryana has achieved phenomenal development in industrial sector, adding that one third of the Haryana falls under NCR region and that is why districts like Sonipat, Panipat, Rohtak, Gurgaon, Faridbad, Karnal and Ambala have a special potential.
At present, the state is producing almost two third of passenger cars, 50 per cent of tractors, 60 per cent of motorcycles and 50 per cent of refrigerators in the country, he said.
Hooda said uniform development is taking place across the state and those who questioned about the regional bias should serve the people rather than sitting at Delhi.
"Development works are being undertaken in all regions of the state as per the requirement," he said.
Speaking on this occasion, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Kumari Selja thanked Chief Minister Hooda for providing land for Technology Centre at Industrial Growth Centre at Sahat free of cost.
She said under the leadership of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh unprecedented development has been undertaken in the country as well as in Haryana.
She said Vice-President of AICC Rahul Gandhi has a vision that the progress of country has no meaning until it has participation of youths belonging to weaker sections and to realise this dream of Rahul, it was necessary to make the youth technical savvy.
It was after a gap of almost two years that Hooda and is known critic Selja shared the stage.
On this occasion, Hooda also announced a slew of incentives for the people of the area, including a grant of Rs 10 crore for Mullana assembly constituency for development works, a fire station at the Industrial Growth Centre, Saha.
He said the Value Added Tax (VAT) on Scientific Instruments would also be finalised on the pattern of Punjab.
Besides, the toll barrier would also be shifted from Industrial Growth Centre at Saha.
Hooda announced the solid waste management plant at Patwi would be made fully operational after getting the clearance from Ministry of Environment.
Taking a dig at the opposition parties, Hooda said after taking the reign of the present state government, development has been undertaken at every village or town in the state.
"...Whereas during the six years tenure of previous INLD- BJP government the villages and towns were deprived of development," he said.
Hooda said that though the land for the Thermal Power Plant at Yamunanagar has been acquired way back but it has been constructed by the present state government.
While referring to the Industrial Model Township (IMT) at Ambala, he said that IMT have been developed in Faridabad, Rohtak and now an IMT is also being developed at Kharkhoda.
"We wanted to develop a similar IMT at Ambala also but the process was halted by some vested interests and I don`t want to talk about them here," said Hooda.
He said that the state government has also allotted 10 acres of land in Growth Centre at Saha for Technology Centre.
Hooda hoped that with the setting up of Technology Centre, the manufacturing sector and especially MSME would get a further boost.
Thanking the UPA Government for sanctioning two Tool Room projects for Haryana, he said the Technology Centre at Saha would be set up at a cost of Rs 100 crore and it would generate ample employment avenues for the people of entire Northern Haryana.
This project would be set up over 10 acres of land which have been allotted by the state government free of cost.
Hooda said in the first year 3,000 youth would be imparted training in various short term and long term courses and after a period of three years 10,000 youth would get training at this centre and training facility would be available to all the youths whether they have left the studies or pursuing engineering studies so that they could become employable.
The Chief Minister said Ambala is well known for scientific goods and home appliances industry and Yamunanagar is famous for plywood industry.
"Karnal has a specialisation in manufacturing of agricultural implements. Therefore, the industries of this entire area would be immensely benefited with the coming up of this Technology Centre," he said.
Hooda said the state government had already borne 50 per cent cost of laying Rohtak, Jhajjar-Rewari Railway line and half of the manufacturing cost of Sonipat-Gohana-Jind and Mewat Railway line.
On the same pattern, the state government has already agreed to bear 50 per cent expenditure on the construction of Yamunanagar-Sadhaura-Nariangarh-Chandigarh railway line.
Hooda said the state government is fully committed to safeguard the interest of poor and weaker sections of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'