Dubai to have first crocodile park
Dubai: Dubai is all set to have the region`s first and one of the best crocodile preservation parks in the world, built at a cost of 10 million dirhams (about $2,722,500 ).
The park will offer a unique destination of wildlife tourism combining nature and adventure, along with its diversified tourism attractions including upcoming mega-tourism projects in Dubai, said Khalifa Abdullah Hareb, director of Assets Management Department,
Spread over 20,000 square-metre park area, the park will strengthen the role of the United Arab Emirates in the protection of endangered species working closely with educational institutions as an alternative and pedagogical tool that encourages the interest of youth in natural sciences, Abdullah Hareb said.
The site is located in the north east of Dubai, about 10 km from the international airport, which represents an important link between the desert and the main tourist hub of the coast.
The park could become possible after Dubai municipal authorities signed an agreement with contracting company White Oryx Investment LLC. The project is expected to be completed in 24 months on a Build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis.
The plan was announced by Hussain Nassir Lootah, director-general of Dubai Municipality, during a press conference after the signing of agreement Thursday.
According to Lootah, this ambitious project will be a turning point in the history of Dubai tourism and research projects as the proposed crocodile park would encompass different crocodile species in future stages of the park development.
It will enable tourists and research students to learn the a-to-z of the crocodile, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’