Hens lay more eggs when listening to `soothing classical music`
London: A farmer has found that hens lay more eggs when they listen to opera music.
Steve Ledsham played classical tracks and was shocked to find that a group of chickens laid almost twice their usual amount of eggs, the Daily Star reported.
Steve, who has worked on the farm for 20 years, said they were building a barn at the time and always had music playing in the background. It was soothing opera and classical music.
He said they noticed that the hens were laying more eggs and they put two and two together and realised it was because of the music. Happy animals produce better goods, so by playing some soothing opera classics they are able to relax a lot more.
Steve, 64, from Wirral, Merseyside further said hens normally lay about four eggs each in a week but with music they lay can lay up to eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II