Kerala software engineer develops anti-piracy software
Thiruvananthapuram: A Kerala-based software engineer has come up with an anti-piracy device to check recording of movies in theatres using sophisticated mobile phones or handycams.
Varghese Babu told a news agency that the product, which has gone for patent processing, was developed after three years of research.
"It has been named as `Demolish Duplica` and has a hardware unit which is placed in movie theatres. The moment anyone tries to record a film, the hardware unit recognises it and stops the recording. An alert is sent to a server and the anti-piracy cell of police," Babu said.
The product has been priced at Rs.1.5 million, the 30-year-old software engineer said.
"The serial number of the mobile phone or the handycam gets recorded on the hardware device, and details of the location from where the recording is being done can be accessed by the authorities," Babu added.
He added that the product can also track tampering of the film during the editing process.
Responding to whether it is the only such product available in the market, Babu said: "Had there been any other application available, there would have been no pirated versions available of new releases."
"I have been receiving inquiries from the film industry and at the moment I am completing the formalities for getting this patented," Babu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends