Now, bullet-proof jockstrap to protect soldiers from groin injuries
London: The US Army is testing a bullet-proof jockstrap, created to protect their private parts.
A recent US Army report found that around 1,000 troops a year receive injuries to the groin area from shrapnel or bullets, the Daily Star reported.
Jeremiah Raber, of Missouri, who invented the believes the cups, which cost 80 pounds each, will prevent many of the injuries.
The Armored Nutshellz was originally made to protect martial arts fighters, but Raber contacted military bosses after finding the Kevlar device could stop bullets from a 9mm handgun and .22 calibre pistol.
The inventor, who spent nearly 65,000 pounds perfecting the kit, claimed it`s a bullet resistant groin protection device and it is the world`s strongest cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sultan' is Salman Khan's best performance: Randeep Hooda
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Summer skincare: Pamper your skin with these natural ingredients!
- Bihar road rage case: Accused Teni Yadav's bail plea rejected
- 26/11 attacks: US says it wants justice, asks Pakistan to ''cooperate'' with India