Now, bullet-proof jockstrap to protect soldiers from groin injuries
London: The US Army is testing a bullet-proof jockstrap, created to protect their private parts.
A recent US Army report found that around 1,000 troops a year receive injuries to the groin area from shrapnel or bullets, the Daily Star reported.
Jeremiah Raber, of Missouri, who invented the believes the cups, which cost 80 pounds each, will prevent many of the injuries.
The Armored Nutshellz was originally made to protect martial arts fighters, but Raber contacted military bosses after finding the Kevlar device could stop bullets from a 9mm handgun and .22 calibre pistol.
The inventor, who spent nearly 65,000 pounds perfecting the kit, claimed it`s a bullet resistant groin protection device and it is the world`s strongest cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened