Now, bullet-proof jockstrap to protect soldiers from groin injuries
London: The US Army is testing a bullet-proof jockstrap, created to protect their private parts.
A recent US Army report found that around 1,000 troops a year receive injuries to the groin area from shrapnel or bullets, the Daily Star reported.
Jeremiah Raber, of Missouri, who invented the believes the cups, which cost 80 pounds each, will prevent many of the injuries.
The Armored Nutshellz was originally made to protect martial arts fighters, but Raber contacted military bosses after finding the Kevlar device could stop bullets from a 9mm handgun and .22 calibre pistol.
The inventor, who spent nearly 65,000 pounds perfecting the kit, claimed it`s a bullet resistant groin protection device and it is the world`s strongest cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal