Now, bullet-proof jockstrap to protect soldiers from groin injuries
London: The US Army is testing a bullet-proof jockstrap, created to protect their private parts.
A recent US Army report found that around 1,000 troops a year receive injuries to the groin area from shrapnel or bullets, the Daily Star reported.
Jeremiah Raber, of Missouri, who invented the believes the cups, which cost 80 pounds each, will prevent many of the injuries.
The Armored Nutshellz was originally made to protect martial arts fighters, but Raber contacted military bosses after finding the Kevlar device could stop bullets from a 9mm handgun and .22 calibre pistol.
The inventor, who spent nearly 65,000 pounds perfecting the kit, claimed it`s a bullet resistant groin protection device and it is the world`s strongest cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon