`Science` most searched word on Merriam-Webster in 2013
Washington: Standing on the same position as Oxford dictionaries` most looked up word this year, ` Selfie`, is Merriam-Webster`s `Science`, which accounted a 176 percent increase for the word when compared to last year.
President and publisher of Merriam-Webster Inc, John Morse said that `Science` as the most looked up justifies a lot of big stories the society is grappling with like climate change or environmental regulation.
Morse said that `word-search/science.html"> Science` is connected to broad cultural oppositions along with the power of observation and intuition, reason and ideology, evidence and tradition.
Meanwhile, host of the popular `Brain Games` show, on the National Geographic Channel, Jason Silva was thrilled with the news and said that it makes him happy to see that people are becoming increasingly scientific minded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir