`Science` most searched word on Merriam-Webster in 2013
Washington: Standing on the same position as Oxford dictionaries` most looked up word this year, ` Selfie`, is Merriam-Webster`s `Science`, which accounted a 176 percent increase for the word when compared to last year.
President and publisher of Merriam-Webster Inc, John Morse said that `Science` as the most looked up justifies a lot of big stories the society is grappling with like climate change or environmental regulation.
Morse said that `word-search/science.html"> Science` is connected to broad cultural oppositions along with the power of observation and intuition, reason and ideology, evidence and tradition.
Meanwhile, host of the popular `Brain Games` show, on the National Geographic Channel, Jason Silva was thrilled with the news and said that it makes him happy to see that people are becoming increasingly scientific minded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday