`Science` most searched word on Merriam-Webster in 2013
Washington: Standing on the same position as Oxford dictionaries` most looked up word this year, ` Selfie`, is Merriam-Webster`s `Science`, which accounted a 176 percent increase for the word when compared to last year.
President and publisher of Merriam-Webster Inc, John Morse said that `Science` as the most looked up justifies a lot of big stories the society is grappling with like climate change or environmental regulation.
Morse said that `word-search/science.html"> Science` is connected to broad cultural oppositions along with the power of observation and intuition, reason and ideology, evidence and tradition.
Meanwhile, host of the popular `Brain Games` show, on the National Geographic Channel, Jason Silva was thrilled with the news and said that it makes him happy to see that people are becoming increasingly scientific minded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed