Soon, car that takes control of steering after detecting probable collision
London: Ford Motor is developing a car that will be able to take control of the steering wheel after detecting the risk of a collision by using a range of sensors.
The car is currently being tested at a research facility in Germany.
According to the company, the Obstacle Avoidance system first warns the driver of danger and then takes charge if they did not react.
The firm said that as part of the project, which involves other carmakers and suppliers, the equipment had been fitted to one of its Focus-branded vehicles.
The system can scan up to 650ft ahead by using three radars, a number of ultrasonic sensors and a camera, which are all installed in the vehicle.
A built-in display fixed in the car shows a warning sign and sounds a chime, however if the driver doesn`t take necessary actions, it applies the brakes, scans for a gap in the road ahead, and steers to avoid a collision.
The firm recently showed off the tech at a facility in Lommel, Belgium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?