Time travel possible but only in one direction, the future!
Washington: A physicist has claimed that it is possible to build a time machine, but to go only into the future.
According to a US publication, during a presentation at the British Science Festival, particle physicist Brian Cox from the University of Manchester, said that time travel is possible only in one direction, the Huffington Post reported.
Cox said that time travel to the future is possible under Albert Einstein`s general theory of relativity.
The researcher detailed the possibility by saying that travelling hundreds, or even thousands of years into the future, could be accomplished if someone was travelling at an incredibly fast pace, close to the speed of light.
Cox explained that the theoretical bridge, or shortcut through space-time, proposed under Einstein`s general-relativity theory has never been proven to exist and, even if a wormhole were discovered or created, there`s no telling whether humans could actually use it to travel through time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report