Time travel possible but only in one direction, the future!
Washington: A physicist has claimed that it is possible to build a time machine, but to go only into the future.
According to a US publication, during a presentation at the British Science Festival, particle physicist Brian Cox from the University of Manchester, said that time travel is possible only in one direction, the Huffington Post reported.
Cox said that time travel to the future is possible under Albert Einstein`s general theory of relativity.
The researcher detailed the possibility by saying that travelling hundreds, or even thousands of years into the future, could be accomplished if someone was travelling at an incredibly fast pace, close to the speed of light.
Cox explained that the theoretical bridge, or shortcut through space-time, proposed under Einstein`s general-relativity theory has never been proven to exist and, even if a wormhole were discovered or created, there`s no telling whether humans could actually use it to travel through time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda