Time travel possible but only in one direction, the future!
Washington: A physicist has claimed that it is possible to build a time machine, but to go only into the future.
According to a US publication, during a presentation at the British Science Festival, particle physicist Brian Cox from the University of Manchester, said that time travel is possible only in one direction, the Huffington Post reported.
Cox said that time travel to the future is possible under Albert Einstein`s general theory of relativity.
The researcher detailed the possibility by saying that travelling hundreds, or even thousands of years into the future, could be accomplished if someone was travelling at an incredibly fast pace, close to the speed of light.
Cox explained that the theoretical bridge, or shortcut through space-time, proposed under Einstein`s general-relativity theory has never been proven to exist and, even if a wormhole were discovered or created, there`s no telling whether humans could actually use it to travel through time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal