11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan police and Army, backed by the NATO-led coalition forces, have killed 11 Taliban militants in different provinces since Saturday, the country`s Interior Ministry said Sunday.
"A total of 20 armed Taliban insurgents were wounded and 21 other militants were captured by the joint forces during six cleanup operations carried out in Nangarhar, Kunduz, Sar-e-Pul, Logar, Helmand and Nimroz provinces, over the past 24 hours," the ministry said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
They also found and seized weapons, the statement said, without saying if there were any casualties on the side of security forces.
The Taliban insurgent group, which have been waging an insurgency of more than one decade, have yet to make comments.
Afghan forces and some 130,000 NATO-led coalition troops have intensified cleanup operations against Taliban and other militants recently but the insurgents in retaliation responded by carrying out suicide attacks and roadside bombings.
A Taliban 14-year-old suicide bomber blew his explosive up near the gate of the NATO-led coalition headquarters in Kabul Saturday morning, killing six children working as vendors and injuring four others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...