11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan police and Army, backed by the NATO-led coalition forces, have killed 11 Taliban militants in different provinces since Saturday, the country`s Interior Ministry said Sunday.
"A total of 20 armed Taliban insurgents were wounded and 21 other militants were captured by the joint forces during six cleanup operations carried out in Nangarhar, Kunduz, Sar-e-Pul, Logar, Helmand and Nimroz provinces, over the past 24 hours," the ministry said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
They also found and seized weapons, the statement said, without saying if there were any casualties on the side of security forces.
The Taliban insurgent group, which have been waging an insurgency of more than one decade, have yet to make comments.
Afghan forces and some 130,000 NATO-led coalition troops have intensified cleanup operations against Taliban and other militants recently but the insurgents in retaliation responded by carrying out suicide attacks and roadside bombings.
A Taliban 14-year-old suicide bomber blew his explosive up near the gate of the NATO-led coalition headquarters in Kabul Saturday morning, killing six children working as vendors and injuring four others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof