11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan police and Army, backed by the NATO-led coalition forces, have killed 11 Taliban militants in different provinces since Saturday, the country`s Interior Ministry said Sunday.
"A total of 20 armed Taliban insurgents were wounded and 21 other militants were captured by the joint forces during six cleanup operations carried out in Nangarhar, Kunduz, Sar-e-Pul, Logar, Helmand and Nimroz provinces, over the past 24 hours," the ministry said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
They also found and seized weapons, the statement said, without saying if there were any casualties on the side of security forces.
The Taliban insurgent group, which have been waging an insurgency of more than one decade, have yet to make comments.
Afghan forces and some 130,000 NATO-led coalition troops have intensified cleanup operations against Taliban and other militants recently but the insurgents in retaliation responded by carrying out suicide attacks and roadside bombings.
A Taliban 14-year-old suicide bomber blew his explosive up near the gate of the NATO-led coalition headquarters in Kabul Saturday morning, killing six children working as vendors and injuring four others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network