13 died in Pak military operations
Peshawar: Three soldiers and 10 militants
died on Wednesday in clashes between security forces and insurgents
in tribal regions surrounding this north-western Pakistan city,
taking the total number of rebels killed in an operation in
the region to 40.
Security forces claimed they had cleared Pastawana
area of militants.
Besides the three soldiers killed in the clashes, four
others were injured.
The troops had earlier killed 30 rebels in the tribal
areas near Peshawar.
Army soldiers, paramilitary personnel and members of
local anti-Taliban are participating in the operations
launched on September 18.
After clearing the area of the militants, security
forces recovered 25 improvised explosive devices, rocket
launchers, mortars and an explosive-laden vehicle prepared for
a suicide attack.
The troops also destroyed scores of rebel hideouts.
The operation has focused on Bora, Hassan Khel and
It was launched after authorities received information
that militants were regrouping in the area and making plans to
launch subversive activities in Peshawar, the capital of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Xiaomi Mi Max smartphone, MIUI 8 to be launched today
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration