24 Pakistani soldiers die in accident
Islamabad: At least 24 Pakistan Army soldiers were killed and five were injured Saturday when a bus fell into a river in Khyber Paktunkhwa province, a media report said.
The Gilgit bound passenger bus plunged into Indus river in Kohistan on Saturday morning, reported Dawn.
"All those 24 who were killed are Pakistan Army personnel and we have started the rescue operation and called the army to airlift injured and bodies to Rawalpindi," Deputy Commissioner Kohistan Aqal Badshah was quoted as saying.
He said that soldiers were on their way to Gilgit from Rawalpindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal