24 Pakistani soldiers die in accident
Islamabad: At least 24 Pakistan Army soldiers were killed and five were injured Saturday when a bus fell into a river in Khyber Paktunkhwa province, a media report said.
The Gilgit bound passenger bus plunged into Indus river in Kohistan on Saturday morning, reported Dawn.
"All those 24 who were killed are Pakistan Army personnel and we have started the rescue operation and called the army to airlift injured and bodies to Rawalpindi," Deputy Commissioner Kohistan Aqal Badshah was quoted as saying.
He said that soldiers were on their way to Gilgit from Rawalpindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees