24 Pakistani soldiers die in accident
Islamabad: At least 24 Pakistan Army soldiers were killed and five were injured Saturday when a bus fell into a river in Khyber Paktunkhwa province, a media report said.
The Gilgit bound passenger bus plunged into Indus river in Kohistan on Saturday morning, reported Dawn.
"All those 24 who were killed are Pakistan Army personnel and we have started the rescue operation and called the army to airlift injured and bodies to Rawalpindi," Deputy Commissioner Kohistan Aqal Badshah was quoted as saying.
He said that soldiers were on their way to Gilgit from Rawalpindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai