24 Pakistani soldiers die in accident
Islamabad: At least 24 Pakistan Army soldiers were killed and five were injured Saturday when a bus fell into a river in Khyber Paktunkhwa province, a media report said.
The Gilgit bound passenger bus plunged into Indus river in Kohistan on Saturday morning, reported Dawn.
"All those 24 who were killed are Pakistan Army personnel and we have started the rescue operation and called the army to airlift injured and bodies to Rawalpindi," Deputy Commissioner Kohistan Aqal Badshah was quoted as saying.
He said that soldiers were on their way to Gilgit from Rawalpindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur