3 police personnel killed in blast in northwest Pak
Islamabad: Three police personnel,
including a policewoman, were killed and five persons injured today when a bomb went off outside a court complex in northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The blast occurred at the main gate of the district
court complex in Nowshera city, 40 km from Peshawar, the
capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The policewoman was killed instantly and two policemen
succumbed to their injuries in hospital, doctors said.
There were conflicting reports about the nature of the
blast. One report said the blast was caused by a suicide
bomber. However, police officials said a bomb was detonated by
Police cordoned off the area and started a search
Rescue teams shifted the injured to local hospitals.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani strongly condemned
the blast and directed authorities to provide proper medical
treatment to the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources