37 NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan this year
Kabul: A total of 37 soldiers of the NATO-led coalition forces in Afghanistan have died so far since the beginning of this year, said an International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) spokesperson Monday.
"... when we talk about insider raid, some call green-on-blue incidents, we talk about 27 incidents so far in this year and we had 37 people killed in those incidents," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Gunter Katz as saying during a regular press briefing here.
In the latest so-called green-on-blue attacks, or incidents in which Afghan troops have turned their weapons on allied forces, a total of six NATO-led ISAF soldiers lost their lives in a single day Friday in the country`s Helmand province.
Taliban militants have launched a spring offensive from May three this year to target security forces and have regularly claimed responsibility for the insider attacks or green-on-blue offensives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list