37 NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan this year
Kabul: A total of 37 soldiers of the NATO-led coalition forces in Afghanistan have died so far since the beginning of this year, said an International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) spokesperson Monday.
"... when we talk about insider raid, some call green-on-blue incidents, we talk about 27 incidents so far in this year and we had 37 people killed in those incidents," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Gunter Katz as saying during a regular press briefing here.
In the latest so-called green-on-blue attacks, or incidents in which Afghan troops have turned their weapons on allied forces, a total of six NATO-led ISAF soldiers lost their lives in a single day Friday in the country`s Helmand province.
Taliban militants have launched a spring offensive from May three this year to target security forces and have regularly claimed responsibility for the insider attacks or green-on-blue offensives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi