37 NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan this year
Kabul: A total of 37 soldiers of the NATO-led coalition forces in Afghanistan have died so far since the beginning of this year, said an International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) spokesperson Monday.
"... when we talk about insider raid, some call green-on-blue incidents, we talk about 27 incidents so far in this year and we had 37 people killed in those incidents," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Gunter Katz as saying during a regular press briefing here.
In the latest so-called green-on-blue attacks, or incidents in which Afghan troops have turned their weapons on allied forces, a total of six NATO-led ISAF soldiers lost their lives in a single day Friday in the country`s Helmand province.
Taliban militants have launched a spring offensive from May three this year to target security forces and have regularly claimed responsibility for the insider attacks or green-on-blue offensives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!