Afghan police kill 24 militants
Kabul: Afghan police, supported by army and the NATO-led coalition forces, killed two dozen militants and detained 13 others in the last 24 hours, the interior ministry said Monday.
The Afghan National Police conducted several joint operations with the army and coalition forces, killing 24 Taliban members, wounding nine and arresting 13 others, reports Xinhua.
The operations were conducted in Logar, Kandahar, Sar-e-Pul, Kunar, Laghman, Paktika, Nimroz, Paktiya and Helmand provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today