Afghan police kill 24 militants
Kabul: Afghan police, supported by army and the NATO-led coalition forces, killed two dozen militants and detained 13 others in the last 24 hours, the interior ministry said Monday.
The Afghan National Police conducted several joint operations with the army and coalition forces, killing 24 Taliban members, wounding nine and arresting 13 others, reports Xinhua.
The operations were conducted in Logar, Kandahar, Sar-e-Pul, Kunar, Laghman, Paktika, Nimroz, Paktiya and Helmand provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble