Afghan police kill 24 militants
Kabul: Afghan police, supported by army and the NATO-led coalition forces, killed two dozen militants and detained 13 others in the last 24 hours, the interior ministry said Monday.
The Afghan National Police conducted several joint operations with the army and coalition forces, killing 24 Taliban members, wounding nine and arresting 13 others, reports Xinhua.
The operations were conducted in Logar, Kandahar, Sar-e-Pul, Kunar, Laghman, Paktika, Nimroz, Paktiya and Helmand provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!