Afghan Provincial Governor escapes assassination bid
Kabul: A spokesman says a Provincial Governor has escaped an assassination attempt but four Afghan soldiers in the same convoy were killed.
A roadside bomb exploded Friday as Halim Fidai, the Governor of the central province of Wardak, was on his way to inspect a school after meeting with elders in the Jagatu district.
Spokesman Shahidullah Shahid said on Saturday that the Governor was unharmed but four Afghan soldiers in a different vehicle were killed and another wounded.
He said two people, including a local Taliban commander, were arrested as they tried to flee the scene of the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test