Afghan Provincial Governor escapes assassination bid
Kabul: A spokesman says a Provincial Governor has escaped an assassination attempt but four Afghan soldiers in the same convoy were killed.
A roadside bomb exploded Friday as Halim Fidai, the Governor of the central province of Wardak, was on his way to inspect a school after meeting with elders in the Jagatu district.
Spokesman Shahidullah Shahid said on Saturday that the Governor was unharmed but four Afghan soldiers in a different vehicle were killed and another wounded.
He said two people, including a local Taliban commander, were arrested as they tried to flee the scene of the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal