Afghan Provincial Governor escapes assassination bid
Kabul: A spokesman says a Provincial Governor has escaped an assassination attempt but four Afghan soldiers in the same convoy were killed.
A roadside bomb exploded Friday as Halim Fidai, the Governor of the central province of Wardak, was on his way to inspect a school after meeting with elders in the Jagatu district.
Spokesman Shahidullah Shahid said on Saturday that the Governor was unharmed but four Afghan soldiers in a different vehicle were killed and another wounded.
He said two people, including a local Taliban commander, were arrested as they tried to flee the scene of the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know