Armed men kill 3 including leader of PML-N in Pak
Islamabad: Three men, including a leader of the main opposition PML-N, were shot dead by unidentified armed men in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The three men were attacked by the gunmen on Sakran road in Hub town tonight.
PML-N leader Mir Abdul Qadir Zehri was among those who died.
Police officials said the gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, escaped after the attack.
Police took the bodies to a nearby hospital.
They also cordoned off the area and launched a search to trace the attackers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The motive behind the killings could not immediately be ascertained.
The PML-N chapter in Balochistan condemned the killing of its leader and demanded the arrest of the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing