Armed men kill 3 including leader of PML-N in Pak
Islamabad: Three men, including a leader of the main opposition PML-N, were shot dead by unidentified armed men in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The three men were attacked by the gunmen on Sakran road in Hub town tonight.
PML-N leader Mir Abdul Qadir Zehri was among those who died.
Police officials said the gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, escaped after the attack.
Police took the bodies to a nearby hospital.
They also cordoned off the area and launched a search to trace the attackers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The motive behind the killings could not immediately be ascertained.
The PML-N chapter in Balochistan condemned the killing of its leader and demanded the arrest of the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube