Arms seized from US officials` cars in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two vehicles of US embassy officials were Monday stopped in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region, and pistols and automatic rifles were confiscated from them, a media report said.
The US embassy cars were stopped on the outskirts of Peshawar, capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Xinhua reported.
Police said the US officials did not have a permit for carrying any of the weapons.
US Consul General Mary Richard reached the site, and said the weapons can be seized but the foreign nationals should not be taken into custody.
The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had issued new instructions to the provincial administration last week that diplomats and members of diplomatic missions cannot carry weapons unless given permission by the government.
Xinhua said the US diplomats had been detained in the past for trying to illegally enter Peshawar, where all foreigners are required to get special permission to visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli