Arms seized from US officials` cars in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two vehicles of US embassy officials were Monday stopped in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region, and pistols and automatic rifles were confiscated from them, a media report said.
The US embassy cars were stopped on the outskirts of Peshawar, capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Xinhua reported.
Police said the US officials did not have a permit for carrying any of the weapons.
US Consul General Mary Richard reached the site, and said the weapons can be seized but the foreign nationals should not be taken into custody.
The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had issued new instructions to the provincial administration last week that diplomats and members of diplomatic missions cannot carry weapons unless given permission by the government.
Xinhua said the US diplomats had been detained in the past for trying to illegally enter Peshawar, where all foreigners are required to get special permission to visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says