Bangla expects review of ties with Pak during Khar`s visit
Dhaka: Bangladesh expects to review its ties with Pakistan, including all outstanding issues, during the one-day visit of Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar starting tomorrow, officials said on Thursday.
"This will be a brief tour of hers (Khar) in Dhaka while her talks with our Foreign Minister Dipu Moni could last as high as 45 minutes if her flight schedule remains unchanged," a senior Bangladesh Foreign Ministry official said.
Khar is also expected to call on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
The official said Khar`s meeting with her Bangladeshi counterpart was "certainly expected to review the bilateral issues including the outstanding ones" like sharing of pre-1971 assets and repatriation of stranded Pakistanis and official apology from Islamabad for the 1971 atrocities and security issues.
But, the official said, the two countries currently also have a vibrant economic relation with a Pakistani investment worth USD 1 billion employing some 10,000 people while Pakistan recently bought a Bangladeshi built ship and wants to procure more.
Khar is to be the first such high profile Pakistani figure to visit Dhaka since the Awami League-led grand alliance assumed office after the December 2008 general elections.
Bangladesh`s education and commerce ministers, however, had visited Islamabad during the period.
Khar`s Dhaka visit was originally set for October 25 but was postponed to what officials said "unavoidable reasons".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test