Bangla expects review of ties with Pak during Khar`s visit
Dhaka: Bangladesh expects to review its ties with Pakistan, including all outstanding issues, during the one-day visit of Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar starting tomorrow, officials said on Thursday.
"This will be a brief tour of hers (Khar) in Dhaka while her talks with our Foreign Minister Dipu Moni could last as high as 45 minutes if her flight schedule remains unchanged," a senior Bangladesh Foreign Ministry official said.
Khar is also expected to call on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
The official said Khar`s meeting with her Bangladeshi counterpart was "certainly expected to review the bilateral issues including the outstanding ones" like sharing of pre-1971 assets and repatriation of stranded Pakistanis and official apology from Islamabad for the 1971 atrocities and security issues.
But, the official said, the two countries currently also have a vibrant economic relation with a Pakistani investment worth USD 1 billion employing some 10,000 people while Pakistan recently bought a Bangladeshi built ship and wants to procure more.
Khar is to be the first such high profile Pakistani figure to visit Dhaka since the Awami League-led grand alliance assumed office after the December 2008 general elections.
Bangladesh`s education and commerce ministers, however, had visited Islamabad during the period.
Khar`s Dhaka visit was originally set for October 25 but was postponed to what officials said "unavoidable reasons".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi