Bangladesh to get three modern warships from UK
Dhaka: Bangladesh will soon acquire
three modern warships from the UK with a view to modernise and
upgrade its naval force, a top official said.
During a meeting, the Chief of Naval Staff Vice
Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed apprised President Zillur Rahman
of the commissioning of the three warships, which might be
completed during the last week of November.
Vice-Admiral Zahir also told the President
that he would visit Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and the United
Kingdom to explore scopes for training programmes for the navy
officers and mariners.
Expressing optimism, the Navy Chief said the
Bangladesh Navy would be modernised significantly if the
ongoing development programmes taken by the government could
be implemented properly.
The Navy Chief sought the President`s cooperation in
implementing the ongoing development projects.
President Zillur Rahman gave him a patient hearing
and expressed his satisfaction over the ongoing development
programmes of the Bangladesh Navy.
The President laid emphasis on increasing
technology-based skills capacity of the Bangladesh Navy, like
other naval forces of developed countries.
The President assured the Navy Chief about his
all-out cooperation in performing his duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees