Bangladesh to get three modern warships from UK
Dhaka: Bangladesh will soon acquire
three modern warships from the UK with a view to modernise and
upgrade its naval force, a top official said.
During a meeting, the Chief of Naval Staff Vice
Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed apprised President Zillur Rahman
of the commissioning of the three warships, which might be
completed during the last week of November.
Vice-Admiral Zahir also told the President
that he would visit Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and the United
Kingdom to explore scopes for training programmes for the navy
officers and mariners.
Expressing optimism, the Navy Chief said the
Bangladesh Navy would be modernised significantly if the
ongoing development programmes taken by the government could
be implemented properly.
The Navy Chief sought the President`s cooperation in
implementing the ongoing development projects.
President Zillur Rahman gave him a patient hearing
and expressed his satisfaction over the ongoing development
programmes of the Bangladesh Navy.
The President laid emphasis on increasing
technology-based skills capacity of the Bangladesh Navy, like
other naval forces of developed countries.
The President assured the Navy Chief about his
all-out cooperation in performing his duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit