Bilawal has the ability to lead Pakistan: PM
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf Thursday said Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, who is taking the helm of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), will "lead the caravan of the nation and democracy".
Bilawal "would take up the flame lit by Zulfiqar Bhutto and maintained by his daughter Benazir Bhutto", Geo News quoted Ashraf as saying.
Bilawal, in a highly emotional speech, Thursday asked all political parties to join hands to ensure peace, progress and prosperity in the country and fight against extremist elements.
Addressing a rally in Garhi Khuda Bakhsh on the occasion of the fifth death anniversary of his mother and former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, Bilawal said: "We want to take along all the parties and have adopted the process of reconciliation to ensure progress and prosperity in the country."
"Our path is the path of democracy, which is difficult, and this was taught to us by Shaheed Benazir Bhutto who could not led down the flag of people of Pakistan," the Associated Press of Pakistan quoted Bilawal as saying.
Ashraf said Bilawal will carry forward the mission of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto towards achieving democracy and prosperity of the country.
The prime minister said Bilawal was highly educated in top international universities.
"Bilawal will lead the caravan of the nation and the democracy," APP quoted Ashraf as saying.
Bilawal "has the ability to lead the party and the nation". He will reinvigorate PPP workers by bringing in his new thought, courage and zeal to the party.
"He will infuse a new spirit among party workers," Ashraf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal