Bilawal has the ability to lead Pakistan: PM
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf Thursday said Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, who is taking the helm of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), will "lead the caravan of the nation and democracy".
Bilawal "would take up the flame lit by Zulfiqar Bhutto and maintained by his daughter Benazir Bhutto", Geo News quoted Ashraf as saying.
Bilawal, in a highly emotional speech, Thursday asked all political parties to join hands to ensure peace, progress and prosperity in the country and fight against extremist elements.
Addressing a rally in Garhi Khuda Bakhsh on the occasion of the fifth death anniversary of his mother and former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, Bilawal said: "We want to take along all the parties and have adopted the process of reconciliation to ensure progress and prosperity in the country."
"Our path is the path of democracy, which is difficult, and this was taught to us by Shaheed Benazir Bhutto who could not led down the flag of people of Pakistan," the Associated Press of Pakistan quoted Bilawal as saying.
Ashraf said Bilawal will carry forward the mission of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto towards achieving democracy and prosperity of the country.
The prime minister said Bilawal was highly educated in top international universities.
"Bilawal will lead the caravan of the nation and the democracy," APP quoted Ashraf as saying.
Bilawal "has the ability to lead the party and the nation". He will reinvigorate PPP workers by bringing in his new thought, courage and zeal to the party.
"He will infuse a new spirit among party workers," Ashraf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH