Blast kills 3 in Pakistan`s tribal region
Islamabad: At least three people were on Friday killed following a bomb blast near an army check post in a Pakistani tribal region, officials said.
The blast in Lower Orakzai tribal agency also injured six other people, Radio Pakistan reported. Television channels said the incident occurred near an army check post.
However, there was no report of any casualty among the security forces.
Radio Pakistan quoted the regional administration as saying that the explosive was planted in a shop. No group has claimed responsibility of the attack.
Taliban had been active in Orakzai agency, routinely launching attacks on the security forces and Shiite Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!