Blasts in southern Afghanistan kill 5
Kabul: Afghan officials say three blasts in southern Afghanistan have killed two Afghan policemen and three national intelligence officers.
Insurgents frequently target Afghan security forces and government officials in an effort to weaken the government. Kandahar provincial spokesman Ahmad Jawed Faisal says a suicide bomber on foot blew himself up today at an entry checkpoint for the national intelligence office in Maruf district.
He says three intelligence officers were killed and four other officers were wounded.
In neighboring Zabul province, twin explosions killed two policemen this morning.
Provincial spokesman Shariullah Nasari says a police vehicle ran over a roadside mine and when other policemen went to assist those in the vehicle, another bomb went off. He says two policemen were killed and three others were wounded in the second blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love