China welcomes new Pakistan PM
Beijing: China Monday congratulated Pakistan`s new Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and pledged a closer partnership with Islamabad.
"As a close neighbour of Pakistan, we will firmly support its efforts to boost national development and economic and social progress," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.
"We are willing to continue strengthening our all-weather partnership with Pakistan," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ashraf of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), a minister in the government of ousted prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, was elected the country`s 25th prime minister June 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum