China welcomes new Pakistan PM
Beijing: China Monday congratulated Pakistan`s new Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and pledged a closer partnership with Islamabad.
"As a close neighbour of Pakistan, we will firmly support its efforts to boost national development and economic and social progress," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.
"We are willing to continue strengthening our all-weather partnership with Pakistan," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ashraf of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), a minister in the government of ousted prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, was elected the country`s 25th prime minister June 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city