China welcomes new Pakistan PM
Beijing: China Monday congratulated Pakistan`s new Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and pledged a closer partnership with Islamabad.
"As a close neighbour of Pakistan, we will firmly support its efforts to boost national development and economic and social progress," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.
"We are willing to continue strengthening our all-weather partnership with Pakistan," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ashraf of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), a minister in the government of ousted prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, was elected the country`s 25th prime minister June 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison