China welcomes new Pakistan PM
Beijing: China Monday congratulated Pakistan`s new Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and pledged a closer partnership with Islamabad.
"As a close neighbour of Pakistan, we will firmly support its efforts to boost national development and economic and social progress," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.
"We are willing to continue strengthening our all-weather partnership with Pakistan," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ashraf of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), a minister in the government of ousted prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, was elected the country`s 25th prime minister June 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!
- Turkey sends more tanks to Syria, warns Kurdish militia
- IIT-B names, shames start-ups for reneging on job offers