Chinese leader arrives in Bangladesh for official visit
Dhaka: At the invitation of the Bangladesh Awami League party, Li Changchun, a senior leader of the Communist Party of China (CPC), arrived here on Saturday on a two-day official visit to the country.
Li, a member of the standing committee of the political bureau of the party`s Central Committee, delivered a written speech at the airport, applauding the robust growth of the bilateral cooperation in political, economic, cultural and humanitarian fields since the two nations forged diplomatic relationship 37 years ago.
He also noted that bilateral cooperation and coordination on international issues delivered concrete benefits to the two peoples and help maintain the regional peace and prosperity.
"China and Bangladesh, both as developing countries, share comprehensive common interests and potential for cooperation," Li said in the statement, adding he was expecting to meet Bangladeshi leaders including President Zillur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wajed.
Bangladesh is the final leg of Li`s three-nation visit to South Asia. The trip already took him to Pakistan and the Maldives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh