Chinese leader arrives in Bangladesh for official visit
Dhaka: At the invitation of the Bangladesh Awami League party, Li Changchun, a senior leader of the Communist Party of China (CPC), arrived here on Saturday on a two-day official visit to the country.
Li, a member of the standing committee of the political bureau of the party`s Central Committee, delivered a written speech at the airport, applauding the robust growth of the bilateral cooperation in political, economic, cultural and humanitarian fields since the two nations forged diplomatic relationship 37 years ago.
He also noted that bilateral cooperation and coordination on international issues delivered concrete benefits to the two peoples and help maintain the regional peace and prosperity.
"China and Bangladesh, both as developing countries, share comprehensive common interests and potential for cooperation," Li said in the statement, adding he was expecting to meet Bangladeshi leaders including President Zillur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wajed.
Bangladesh is the final leg of Li`s three-nation visit to South Asia. The trip already took him to Pakistan and the Maldives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days