Chinese leader arrives in Bangladesh for official visit
Dhaka: At the invitation of the Bangladesh Awami League party, Li Changchun, a senior leader of the Communist Party of China (CPC), arrived here on Saturday on a two-day official visit to the country.
Li, a member of the standing committee of the political bureau of the party`s Central Committee, delivered a written speech at the airport, applauding the robust growth of the bilateral cooperation in political, economic, cultural and humanitarian fields since the two nations forged diplomatic relationship 37 years ago.
He also noted that bilateral cooperation and coordination on international issues delivered concrete benefits to the two peoples and help maintain the regional peace and prosperity.
"China and Bangladesh, both as developing countries, share comprehensive common interests and potential for cooperation," Li said in the statement, adding he was expecting to meet Bangladeshi leaders including President Zillur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wajed.
Bangladesh is the final leg of Li`s three-nation visit to South Asia. The trip already took him to Pakistan and the Maldives.
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry
- Rupee falls 11 paise to 66.44 Vs US dollar
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues