Chinese premier to address special session of Pak Senate
Islamabad: President Asif Ali Zardari has summoned a special session of the Senate on May 23 that will be addressed by visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
The session will begin at 10 am in Parliament House. As a joint session of parliament cannot be convened during the Chinese Premier`s visit, he will address the Senate or lower house of parliament, presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar said.
The specially summoned session will be prorogued the same day after the address by Li, who will begin an official visit to Pakistan on May 22.
The new National Assembly or lower house of parliament is expected to be convened later in May or early next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed