Chinese premier to address special session of Pak Senate
Islamabad: President Asif Ali Zardari has summoned a special session of the Senate on May 23 that will be addressed by visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
The session will begin at 10 am in Parliament House. As a joint session of parliament cannot be convened during the Chinese Premier`s visit, he will address the Senate or lower house of parliament, presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar said.
The specially summoned session will be prorogued the same day after the address by Li, who will begin an official visit to Pakistan on May 22.
The new National Assembly or lower house of parliament is expected to be convened later in May or early next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre