Chinese premier to address special session of Pak Senate
Islamabad: President Asif Ali Zardari has summoned a special session of the Senate on May 23 that will be addressed by visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
The session will begin at 10 am in Parliament House. As a joint session of parliament cannot be convened during the Chinese Premier`s visit, he will address the Senate or lower house of parliament, presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar said.
The specially summoned session will be prorogued the same day after the address by Li, who will begin an official visit to Pakistan on May 22.
The new National Assembly or lower house of parliament is expected to be convened later in May or early next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack