Earthquake of 5.9-magnitude strikes Pakistan
Islamabad: A 5.9-magnitude earthquake today rocked many parts of northern and central Pakistan, leaving at least three persons injured in Peshawar city.
The temblor, which occurred at around 11.30 am, was felt in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Muzaffarabad, Chitral and Malakand.
The epicentre was located along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, state-run radio reported.
The quake was especially severe in Peshawar, where it was lasted almost 30 seconds, TV channels reported.
At least three persons were injured in the northwestern city, officials told the media.
Tremors were also felt in in the Kurram tribal region, Neelam Valley in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and many parts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi