Earthquake of 5.9-magnitude strikes Pakistan
Islamabad: A 5.9-magnitude earthquake today rocked many parts of northern and central Pakistan, leaving at least three persons injured in Peshawar city.
The temblor, which occurred at around 11.30 am, was felt in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Muzaffarabad, Chitral and Malakand.
The epicentre was located along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, state-run radio reported.
The quake was especially severe in Peshawar, where it was lasted almost 30 seconds, TV channels reported.
At least three persons were injured in the northwestern city, officials told the media.
Tremors were also felt in in the Kurram tribal region, Neelam Valley in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and many parts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love