Foreigners to blame for corruption: Hamid Karzai
Kabul: Afghanistan`s president has charged the countries that fund his government and military with enabling the widespread corruption that undermines his efforts to establish rule of law in the war-wracked country.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in a nationally televised speech today that the Afghan government has been making strides in cleaning up corruption within its own ranks.
He said there is still plenty of work to be done, but argued that internal graft is negligible compared with hundreds of millions of dollars spent by foreign governments in shady dealings.
International donors have long argued that they are trying to help Karzai`s administration clean up the endemic corruption but are stymied by his unwillingness to prosecute political allies.
Karzai frequently levels attacks on his foreign allies, blaming them for Afghanistan`s ills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery