Foreigners to blame for corruption: Hamid Karzai
Kabul: Afghanistan`s president has charged the countries that fund his government and military with enabling the widespread corruption that undermines his efforts to establish rule of law in the war-wracked country.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in a nationally televised speech today that the Afghan government has been making strides in cleaning up corruption within its own ranks.
He said there is still plenty of work to be done, but argued that internal graft is negligible compared with hundreds of millions of dollars spent by foreign governments in shady dealings.
International donors have long argued that they are trying to help Karzai`s administration clean up the endemic corruption but are stymied by his unwillingness to prosecute political allies.
Karzai frequently levels attacks on his foreign allies, blaming them for Afghanistan`s ills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike