Foreigners to blame for corruption: Hamid Karzai
Kabul: Afghanistan`s president has charged the countries that fund his government and military with enabling the widespread corruption that undermines his efforts to establish rule of law in the war-wracked country.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in a nationally televised speech today that the Afghan government has been making strides in cleaning up corruption within its own ranks.
He said there is still plenty of work to be done, but argued that internal graft is negligible compared with hundreds of millions of dollars spent by foreign governments in shady dealings.
International donors have long argued that they are trying to help Karzai`s administration clean up the endemic corruption but are stymied by his unwillingness to prosecute political allies.
Karzai frequently levels attacks on his foreign allies, blaming them for Afghanistan`s ills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother