Four men chop-off labourer`s hands in Pakistan
Lahore: Four men chopped off the hands of a labourer in Pakistan’s Punjab province after accusing him of involvement in a theft, police officials said Wednesday.
Tufail Ahmed, a resident of Choti Bala village in Dera Ghazi Khan district, 400 km from Lahore, was allegedly caught while robbing the house of a man named Hasan Attaullah yesterday, a charge the victim denies.
Attaullah and his companions tied Ahmed`s hands and feet before chopping off his hands with a sharp-edged weapon.
Ahmed was also assaulted by the four men, police said.
Local residents took Ahmed to a state-run hospital in Dera Ghazi Khan town. Doctors described his condition as critical.
Ahmed`s relatives told police that the allegations levelled against him were false. They said Ahmed had an old enmity with Attaullah, who had concocted the story to cover up his crime.
Attaullah and his accomplices abducted Ahmed and then cut off his hands, the relatives told police.
Police arrested Attaullah and registered a case against him and his three accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued