Four men chop-off labourer`s hands in Pakistan
Lahore: Four men chopped off the hands of a labourer in Pakistan’s Punjab province after accusing him of involvement in a theft, police officials said Wednesday.
Tufail Ahmed, a resident of Choti Bala village in Dera Ghazi Khan district, 400 km from Lahore, was allegedly caught while robbing the house of a man named Hasan Attaullah yesterday, a charge the victim denies.
Attaullah and his companions tied Ahmed`s hands and feet before chopping off his hands with a sharp-edged weapon.
Ahmed was also assaulted by the four men, police said.
Local residents took Ahmed to a state-run hospital in Dera Ghazi Khan town. Doctors described his condition as critical.
Ahmed`s relatives told police that the allegations levelled against him were false. They said Ahmed had an old enmity with Attaullah, who had concocted the story to cover up his crime.
Attaullah and his accomplices abducted Ahmed and then cut off his hands, the relatives told police.
Police arrested Attaullah and registered a case against him and his three accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls