Four men chop-off labourer`s hands in Pakistan
Lahore: Four men chopped off the hands of a labourer in Pakistan’s Punjab province after accusing him of involvement in a theft, police officials said Wednesday.
Tufail Ahmed, a resident of Choti Bala village in Dera Ghazi Khan district, 400 km from Lahore, was allegedly caught while robbing the house of a man named Hasan Attaullah yesterday, a charge the victim denies.
Attaullah and his companions tied Ahmed`s hands and feet before chopping off his hands with a sharp-edged weapon.
Ahmed was also assaulted by the four men, police said.
Local residents took Ahmed to a state-run hospital in Dera Ghazi Khan town. Doctors described his condition as critical.
Ahmed`s relatives told police that the allegations levelled against him were false. They said Ahmed had an old enmity with Attaullah, who had concocted the story to cover up his crime.
Attaullah and his accomplices abducted Ahmed and then cut off his hands, the relatives told police.
Police arrested Attaullah and registered a case against him and his three accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter