Four militants killed in US drone strike in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Four militants were killed when a US drone targeted a vehicle in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Thursday.
State-run Radio Pakistan reported four persons were killed in the attack by the CIA-operated spy plane in Dattakhel area of North Waziristan Agency.
Officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that the drone fired two missiles at a vehicle, a short distance from Miranshah, the main town in the region.
North Waziristan is a safe haven for Taliban and al-Qaeda elements.
The attack was carried out at around midnight.
Officials said four drones had been seen flying over the area.
The vehicle was destroyed when two missiles hit it.
A UN envoy last week said US drone attacks violated Pakistan`s sovereignty.
Islamabad has described the missile strikes as counter-productive and called on the US to stop them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers