Four militants killed in US drone strike in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Four militants were killed when a US drone targeted a vehicle in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Thursday.
State-run Radio Pakistan reported four persons were killed in the attack by the CIA-operated spy plane in Dattakhel area of North Waziristan Agency.
Officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that the drone fired two missiles at a vehicle, a short distance from Miranshah, the main town in the region.
North Waziristan is a safe haven for Taliban and al-Qaeda elements.
The attack was carried out at around midnight.
Officials said four drones had been seen flying over the area.
The vehicle was destroyed when two missiles hit it.
A UN envoy last week said US drone attacks violated Pakistan`s sovereignty.
Islamabad has described the missile strikes as counter-productive and called on the US to stop them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital