Gilani case hearing adjourned till April 12
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court Tuesday
adjourned a contempt case against Yousuf Raza Gilani till April 12 after the Prime Minister`s lawyer said that he would be unable to continue his arguments as he was unwell.
Gilani`s lawyer Aitzaz Ahsan was yesterday unable to appear before a seven-judge bench led by Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk
as he had food poisoning.
When proceedings resumed today, the bench asked the
lawyer if he was fit to continue his arguments. Ahsan replied
that he would be unable to do so.
Ahsan complained about remarks made by the bench
yesterday that seemed to imply he was avoiding the
The bench said those remarks were made in a lighter
During yesterday`s hearing, Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk had
remarked: "Had he (Ahsan) listened to us, he would not have
been struck with food poisoning."
Ahsan`s assistant had then replied that it was sheer
coincidence that he was unwell and that he had never missed
any hearing in his 40-year career.
He had asked the bench to adjourn the hearing for a week,
but it had disregarded the plea and adjourned the case
After the hearing resumed today, the bench adjourned the
case till April 12 following consultations.
The bench asked Ahsan if he would complete his
arguments in five days when the hearing resumed but the lawyer
said he could not give any commitment in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble