US announces new Ambassador to SL, Maldives
Washington: US President Barack Obama
announced the nomination of foreign service diplomat Michele Sison as the new Ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
A career member of the Senior Foreign Service with the
rank of Minister-Counselor, Sison is currently Assistant Chief of Mission for Law Enforcement and Rule of Law Assistance in Baghdad.
She had earlier served as the Consul General at the American Consulate in the US.
"Our nation will be greatly served by the talent and expertise these individuals bring to their new roles.
"I am grateful they have agreed to serve in this Administration, and I look forward to working with them in the
months and years ahead," Obama said as he announced nomination
of Sison, and also Brett McGurk as Ambassador to the Republic
Sison would also serve as the US Ambassador to Maldives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city