US announces new Ambassador to SL, Maldives
Washington: US President Barack Obama
announced the nomination of foreign service diplomat Michele Sison as the new Ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
A career member of the Senior Foreign Service with the
rank of Minister-Counselor, Sison is currently Assistant Chief of Mission for Law Enforcement and Rule of Law Assistance in Baghdad.
She had earlier served as the Consul General at the American Consulate in the US.
"Our nation will be greatly served by the talent and expertise these individuals bring to their new roles.
"I am grateful they have agreed to serve in this Administration, and I look forward to working with them in the
months and years ahead," Obama said as he announced nomination
of Sison, and also Brett McGurk as Ambassador to the Republic
Sison would also serve as the US Ambassador to Maldives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!