US announces new Ambassador to SL, Maldives
Washington: US President Barack Obama
announced the nomination of foreign service diplomat Michele Sison as the new Ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
A career member of the Senior Foreign Service with the
rank of Minister-Counselor, Sison is currently Assistant Chief of Mission for Law Enforcement and Rule of Law Assistance in Baghdad.
She had earlier served as the Consul General at the American Consulate in the US.
"Our nation will be greatly served by the talent and expertise these individuals bring to their new roles.
"I am grateful they have agreed to serve in this Administration, and I look forward to working with them in the
months and years ahead," Obama said as he announced nomination
of Sison, and also Brett McGurk as Ambassador to the Republic
Sison would also serve as the US Ambassador to Maldives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured