Gilani shifts to Presidency after disqualification
Islamabad: Former Pakistan prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, following his dismissal from the post and the election of Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, has moved out of the Prime Minister House and into the Presidency.
Gilani, who had earlier shifted to the Islamabad Club after he was disqualified by the Supreme Court, shifted to the sixth floor of the Presidency where he was given three rooms for himself and his family, reports The Express Tribune.
Sources claim that there are security reasons behind this decision as other places are not secure enough for him to reside in.
According to the paper, all security protocol provided to Gilani, including his security staff, has been transferred to newly-elected Prime Minister Ashraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested