God has given me a new life: Malala in her first video message
London: Malala Yousufzai, the Pakistani teenage rights activist shot in teh head by Taliban, has made her first video statement on Monday, since she was nearly killed, saying she was recovering and thanked everyone for her "second life".
Speaking clearly but with a slight stiffness in her upper lip, 15-year-old Malala said she was "getting better, day by day."
"Today you can see that I am alive," she said in the video.
"I can speak, I can see you, I can see everyone. It`s just because of the prayers of people. Because all people - men, women, children - all of them have prayed for me," The Mirror quoted her as saying.
"And because of all these prayers God has given me this new life - a second life. And I want to serve. I want to serve the people. I want every girl, every child, to be educated. For that reason, we have organised the Malala Fund," she said.
Malala drew the world`s attention when she was shot by Taliban militants on October 9 on a school bus in north-western Pakistan.
A bullet was removed from her head by surgeons in Pakistan, before she was flown to the UK for specialised treatment.
Se underwent two successful surgeries on Saturday including one to fix a titanium plate on her skull.
Malala had been discharged as an inpatient from the hospital in January after undergoing weeks of specialist treatment.
The Queen Elizabeth is also home to the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine, which has treated many of the injured servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan.
Earlier last week, Malala was reported to have been nominated for this year`s Nobel Peace Prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17