Imran Khan rejects invitation to join Qadri`s sit-in
Lahore: The Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) has rejected the invitation from Minhajul Quran International (MQI) chief, Dr Tahirul Qadri, to join his protest in Islamabad. On Wednesday, Qadri, who along with tens of thousands of his supporters is staging a sit-in outside Parliament House, demanding an "electoral reform", had invited Imran Khan to join his dharna.
The PTI refused the invitation saying it "won`t become part of any undemocratic process", reports the Dawn.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the political strategy committee of the party, chaired by Imran Khan. The committee discussed Qadri`s offer to the PTI for joining the sit-in, but decided to reject it with thanks, reiterating the party`s stance that a sustainable change could come only through a government elected in a free and fair election with the support of the people behind it.
It said while many of the issues that Qadri was raising were those that the PTI had been emphasising, had the PTI been consulted by Qadri it would have suggested to him to wait till a caretaker government was formed because at that time the bona fides of the government and the ``nominal`` opposition would be proved or disproved.
It said immediate fair and free elections under a neutral caretaker government were the only way out of the crisis. Khan said that early elections had become even more imperative because of the constitutional crisis in Balochistan, deteriorating law and order situation, Indian aggression on the Line of Control and a deep sense of anger pervading the nation because of inflation, unemployment, loadshedding of electricity and gas as well as closure of CNG stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- Shah Rukh Khan gearing up for Imtiaz Ali's next?