Imran Khan rejects invitation to join Qadri`s sit-in
Lahore: The Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) has rejected the invitation from Minhajul Quran International (MQI) chief, Dr Tahirul Qadri, to join his protest in Islamabad. On Wednesday, Qadri, who along with tens of thousands of his supporters is staging a sit-in outside Parliament House, demanding an "electoral reform", had invited Imran Khan to join his dharna.
The PTI refused the invitation saying it "won`t become part of any undemocratic process", reports the Dawn.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the political strategy committee of the party, chaired by Imran Khan. The committee discussed Qadri`s offer to the PTI for joining the sit-in, but decided to reject it with thanks, reiterating the party`s stance that a sustainable change could come only through a government elected in a free and fair election with the support of the people behind it.
It said while many of the issues that Qadri was raising were those that the PTI had been emphasising, had the PTI been consulted by Qadri it would have suggested to him to wait till a caretaker government was formed because at that time the bona fides of the government and the ``nominal`` opposition would be proved or disproved.
It said immediate fair and free elections under a neutral caretaker government were the only way out of the crisis. Khan said that early elections had become even more imperative because of the constitutional crisis in Balochistan, deteriorating law and order situation, Indian aggression on the Line of Control and a deep sense of anger pervading the nation because of inflation, unemployment, loadshedding of electricity and gas as well as closure of CNG stations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read