Indian among seven killed in Nepal landslide
Kathmandu: At least seven people, including one Indian, were killed and seven others, six of them from Darjeeling, missing when a massive landslide triggered by heavy rain buried five vehicles on a highway in eastern Nepal, police said on Monday.
Out of seven killed, only two have so far been identified as the bodies were badly mutilated, they said, adding among seven missing, six are from Darjeeling.
At least two other vehicles are still buried under the mud in Ilam district along the Harkate-Haspokhari section of the Mechi Highway. All of the vehicles were coming to Ilam town from easternmost Jhapa district.
Traffic movement on the Mechi Highway has been affected due to the landslide.
Police and army are carrying out search and rescue work since early this morning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed