Indian military team visits Wanni in Sri Lanka
Colombo: An Indian Army team has undertaken a
visit to Tamil dominated Wanni region in northern Sri Lanka,
which was once a battlefront between the government forces and
the rebel LTTE during the three decades ethnic conflict, the
military said on Wednesday.
The representative delegation of the Indian Army Higher
Command Course-2011 is currently touring Sri Lanka, country`s
Army said today.
The 16-member delegation is led by Air Commodore P R
Navalkar of Indian Air Force.
The delegation during their six-day tour visited Security
Forces Headquarters, Wanni in the former LTTE region of the
northern province, School of Artillery, Commissioner General
of Rehabilitation and a number of other places of
archaeological, religious, cultural and tourist interest.
They paid a courtesy call on the Commander of the Army
Lieutenant General Jagath Jayasuriya today at Army
Jayasuriya and the delegation exchanged views on
bilateral matters of importance with special emphasis on
training modules, related to both military services, the Army
said. Later in the day the delegation was expected to call on
the Navy and Air Force Commanders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez