Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Tehran reports
Tehran: Iran summoned the Afghan charge d`affaires in the country to protest recent Afghan media reports that said Tehran was showing ill treatment to illegal Afghan refugees, Press TV reported.
Afghan envoy Shah Mardanqol was summoned to the Iranian Foreign Ministry to receive Iran`s official protest against the "media hype" as well as against the murder of a young Iranian girl by an Afghan refugee in the central province of Yazd.
The Foreign Ministry`s official in charge of Afghan affairs, Mohsen Pak-Ayin, condemned the murder of the young Iranian girl and said Afghan refugees in Iran need to abide by the law, Xinhua reported.
Pak-Ayin also criticised the remarks by some Afghans over Iran`s judicial measures against such crimes.
Press TV said the Afghan official expressed regret over the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani