Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Tehran reports
Tehran: Iran summoned the Afghan charge d`affaires in the country to protest recent Afghan media reports that said Tehran was showing ill treatment to illegal Afghan refugees, Press TV reported.
Afghan envoy Shah Mardanqol was summoned to the Iranian Foreign Ministry to receive Iran`s official protest against the "media hype" as well as against the murder of a young Iranian girl by an Afghan refugee in the central province of Yazd.
The Foreign Ministry`s official in charge of Afghan affairs, Mohsen Pak-Ayin, condemned the murder of the young Iranian girl and said Afghan refugees in Iran need to abide by the law, Xinhua reported.
Pak-Ayin also criticised the remarks by some Afghans over Iran`s judicial measures against such crimes.
Press TV said the Afghan official expressed regret over the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?