Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Tehran reports
Tehran: Iran summoned the Afghan charge d`affaires in the country to protest recent Afghan media reports that said Tehran was showing ill treatment to illegal Afghan refugees, Press TV reported.
Afghan envoy Shah Mardanqol was summoned to the Iranian Foreign Ministry to receive Iran`s official protest against the "media hype" as well as against the murder of a young Iranian girl by an Afghan refugee in the central province of Yazd.
The Foreign Ministry`s official in charge of Afghan affairs, Mohsen Pak-Ayin, condemned the murder of the young Iranian girl and said Afghan refugees in Iran need to abide by the law, Xinhua reported.
Pak-Ayin also criticised the remarks by some Afghans over Iran`s judicial measures against such crimes.
Press TV said the Afghan official expressed regret over the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases