Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Tehran reports
Tehran: Iran summoned the Afghan charge d`affaires in the country to protest recent Afghan media reports that said Tehran was showing ill treatment to illegal Afghan refugees, Press TV reported.
Afghan envoy Shah Mardanqol was summoned to the Iranian Foreign Ministry to receive Iran`s official protest against the "media hype" as well as against the murder of a young Iranian girl by an Afghan refugee in the central province of Yazd.
The Foreign Ministry`s official in charge of Afghan affairs, Mohsen Pak-Ayin, condemned the murder of the young Iranian girl and said Afghan refugees in Iran need to abide by the law, Xinhua reported.
Pak-Ayin also criticised the remarks by some Afghans over Iran`s judicial measures against such crimes.
Press TV said the Afghan official expressed regret over the incidents.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why