Iran to Decide Fate of Three US Nationals
Tehran: Iran is due to issue the verdict over the case of three American nationals, who were recently detained on spying charges after crossing Iran-Iraq borders illegally, an Iranian judiciary official announced.
"The final verdict on the three American defendants will be announced soon," Iran`s Prosecutor-General and judiciary spokesman Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejeii told reporters here on Monday.
On asked, whether there is a possibility of pardoning the three during the Muslims` fasting month of Ramadan, Mohseni Ejeii said he hadn’t heard yet of such rumours.
Shane Bauer, Joshua Fattal and Sarah Shourd were arrested in July 2009 after illegally crossing the border into Iran from the mountains of northern Iraq`s Kurdistan region.
Later they were charged with espionage after Tehran prosecutor`s office announced that it possessed "compelling evidence" indicating that the three Americans were cooperating with US intelligence agencies.
Iran released Shourd on a bail of USD 500,000 in September 2010, 14 months after her arrest. The decision was taken due to the detainee`s health condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check