Man shot dead in Pakistan court
Islamabad: A man accused in a murder case was shot dead when he was brought to a district court in Pakistani metropolis Lahore, Geo News reported.
Police said the accused, Karamat Bhatti, was being tried on multiple murder charges.
The man was gunned down on Sunday even as he was being brought under police security.
"His rivals caught him off-guard in the court premises and shot him dead," a police officer was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery