Men in Afghan police uniforms kill 2 NATO troops
Kabul: NATO and Afghan officials say that two of the coalition service members killed in the country`s south were gunned down by men dressed in Afghan police uniforms.
There were conflicting reports, however, as to whether the assailants in today`s shooting in Helmand province were members of the police force or rather insurgents disguised as police officers.
Fareed Ahmad, a spokesman for Helmand provincial police, says two Afghan policemen were behind the shooting at a joint Afghan-coalition compound in Helmand.
NATO said that operational reports indicated that the gunmen were insurgents dressed in police uniforms, not official members of the police force.
The shooting is the latest in a string of incidents in which Afghan security forces or militants disguised as policemen turn their weapons on their international military partners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’