Men in Afghan police uniforms kill 2 NATO troops
Kabul: NATO and Afghan officials say that two of the coalition service members killed in the country`s south were gunned down by men dressed in Afghan police uniforms.
There were conflicting reports, however, as to whether the assailants in today`s shooting in Helmand province were members of the police force or rather insurgents disguised as police officers.
Fareed Ahmad, a spokesman for Helmand provincial police, says two Afghan policemen were behind the shooting at a joint Afghan-coalition compound in Helmand.
NATO said that operational reports indicated that the gunmen were insurgents dressed in police uniforms, not official members of the police force.
The shooting is the latest in a string of incidents in which Afghan security forces or militants disguised as policemen turn their weapons on their international military partners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan