Men in Afghan police uniforms kill 2 NATO troops
Kabul: NATO and Afghan officials say that two of the coalition service members killed in the country`s south were gunned down by men dressed in Afghan police uniforms.
There were conflicting reports, however, as to whether the assailants in today`s shooting in Helmand province were members of the police force or rather insurgents disguised as police officers.
Fareed Ahmad, a spokesman for Helmand provincial police, says two Afghan policemen were behind the shooting at a joint Afghan-coalition compound in Helmand.
NATO said that operational reports indicated that the gunmen were insurgents dressed in police uniforms, not official members of the police force.
The shooting is the latest in a string of incidents in which Afghan security forces or militants disguised as policemen turn their weapons on their international military partners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin
- Israeli woman gang-raped in Manali, probe launched
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement