Mumbai 26/11 trial in Pak adjourned till April 10
The seven suspects have been charged with planning, financing and executing the terror attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people in November 2008.
Islamabad: The trial of seven Pakistani
suspects, including terror group LeT commander Zakiur Rehman
Lakhvi, charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks was
on Wednesday adjourned till April 10 as the anti-terrorism judge
hearing the case was unwell.
Judge Shahid Rafique, who is hearing the case, was on
leave due to illness, sources said.
Meanwhile, Khwaja Haris Ahmed, the counsel for
Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Lakhvi, said the trial was unlikely
to move forward till the court receives a report on a
Pakistani judicial commission`s interviews with Indian
officials and witnesses.
The eight-member judicial commission, which included
prosecutors and defence lawyers, returned from a visit to
India last month.
The panel travelled to Mumbai, where it recorded the
statements of the magistrate who recorded the confession of
Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving attacker, the police officer
who led the investigation into the attacks and two doctors who
conducted the autopsies of the terrorists and victims.
The seven suspects have been charged with planning,
financing and executing the terror attacks in Mumbai that
killed 166 people in November 2008.
The trial of the Pakistani suspects has stalled due to
various technical issues for the past year. Pakistani
prosecutors have said the commission`s findings are expected
to take forward the trial.