NATO soldier killed in Afghan blast
Kabul: A soldier with the NATO-led coalition was killed on Sunday in a blast in southern Afghanistan, the military alliance said in a statement.
"An International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service member died following an improvised explosive device (IED) attack in southern Afghanistan today," the NATO-led ISAF forces said in the statement, reported Xinhua.
The statement disclosed neither the nationality of the victim nor the details about the incident under the ISAF policy.
Troops mainly from US, Britain and Australia have been stationed in the southern region within the framework of ISAF to curb Taliban-linked insurgency there.
Currently over 130,000 NATO-led ISAF troops with majority of them Americans have been serving in Afghanistan since the Taliban regime was toppled in late 2001.
Over 320 foreign soldiers, most of them Americans, have been killed in Afghanistan since beginning this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray