Nawaz Sharif’s ‘million dollar watch’ rumours go viral on Twitter
Islamabad: Twitter reports of a PML(N) leader wearing a `million dollar watch`, have been confirmed that it was none other than Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who reportedly wore a `Meteoris` watch during the national budget presentation.
The price of the Louis Moinet `Meteoris` watch has been estimated to be a whopping 4.6 million dollars.
According to the Dawn, calling the budget to be anti-people and made for the rich, MNA Shazia Marri had claimed that such a budget can only be expected of party leaders who are fond of wearing such expensive personal items.
The Louis Moinet `Meteoris` watch is made by using pieces of meteorites in each watch. Moinet teamed up with Meteorite hunter Luc Labenne to collect pieces from the moon, a Mars meteorite, and an asteroid.
According to the report, Marri said that she researched on the price of the watch and believed that the owner must have got it insured.
A tweet about the incident said that the country`s problem is not finances but terrorism.
Another PML-N member said that it is unbelievable for someone to wear such a costly watch, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore