Nawaz Sharif’s ‘million dollar watch’ rumours go viral on Twitter
Islamabad: Twitter reports of a PML(N) leader wearing a `million dollar watch`, have been confirmed that it was none other than Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who reportedly wore a `Meteoris` watch during the national budget presentation.
The price of the Louis Moinet `Meteoris` watch has been estimated to be a whopping 4.6 million dollars.
According to the Dawn, calling the budget to be anti-people and made for the rich, MNA Shazia Marri had claimed that such a budget can only be expected of party leaders who are fond of wearing such expensive personal items.
The Louis Moinet `Meteoris` watch is made by using pieces of meteorites in each watch. Moinet teamed up with Meteorite hunter Luc Labenne to collect pieces from the moon, a Mars meteorite, and an asteroid.
According to the report, Marri said that she researched on the price of the watch and believed that the owner must have got it insured.
A tweet about the incident said that the country`s problem is not finances but terrorism.
Another PML-N member said that it is unbelievable for someone to wear such a costly watch, the report added.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires