Nepal PM recovers significantly from lung cancer
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Prime Minister Sushil Koirala, who was recently diagnosed with lungs cancer, has been recovering quickly, his personal doctor said Sunday.
There has been immense improvement in his health following five rounds of radiotherapy in the period of last eight days, Xinhua reported.
"Recent x-ray inspection showed that the spot in his lungs has decreased by large," Koirala`s personal physician Kabirnath Yogi told Xinhua over phone.
After Koirala went through the final round of radiotherapy conducted Wednesday last week, the fever and common cold has gone down remarkably while improvement has also been seen in his respiratory process.
Yogi claimed that after carrying out several tests and inspections, Koirala is almost free from the cancer.
Koirala, 75, is in the US since June 16 for treatment after a suspicious black spot was seen in one of his lungs in a CT-scan test conducted in Kathmandu.
The prime minister, who is unmarried, is still undergoing treatment at New York-based Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre since more than two weeks.
According to Koirala`s family members, he will be kept in New York for one more week so as to prevent any infections and other complications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video