Nepal PM recovers significantly from lung cancer
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Prime Minister Sushil Koirala, who was recently diagnosed with lungs cancer, has been recovering quickly, his personal doctor said Sunday.
There has been immense improvement in his health following five rounds of radiotherapy in the period of last eight days, Xinhua reported.
"Recent x-ray inspection showed that the spot in his lungs has decreased by large," Koirala`s personal physician Kabirnath Yogi told Xinhua over phone.
After Koirala went through the final round of radiotherapy conducted Wednesday last week, the fever and common cold has gone down remarkably while improvement has also been seen in his respiratory process.
Yogi claimed that after carrying out several tests and inspections, Koirala is almost free from the cancer.
Koirala, 75, is in the US since June 16 for treatment after a suspicious black spot was seen in one of his lungs in a CT-scan test conducted in Kathmandu.
The prime minister, who is unmarried, is still undergoing treatment at New York-based Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre since more than two weeks.
According to Koirala`s family members, he will be kept in New York for one more week so as to prevent any infections and other complications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested