Nepal’s ruling parties press Madhav Kumar not to resign
Kathmandu: Nepal ruling coalition government on Saturday pressed Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal not to resign and bow down to the mass demonstration of the Maoists.
The joint meeting of the parties, held at PM`s residence in Baluwatar, concluded that the democracy in the country would be in threat if the Prime Minister tables his resignation.
They suggested the government not to agree to a dialogue unless the Maoists withdraw the nationwide agitation.
The ruling parties also said that the government has full support from the 22 parties.
The 22 parties also said that they would be compelled to retaliate against the Maoist if it does not stop its anarchy activities.
The meeting also discussed the Maoist mass movement, indefinite general strike and the government`s future strategies.
As advised by the coalition partners, the Prime Minister will address the nation at 6 pm today with a hope to encourage the Unified CPN (Maoist) to withdraw its nationwide indefinite general strike starting on Sunday.
The parties said the general strike starting is likely to go violent considering the recent Maoist activities.
Meanwhile, the mass assembly organised by the Maoist at Khullamanch is underway.
The Maoists have claimed that about 500,000 people are taking part in their programme.
Wearing red shirt and scarf, and carrying communist flags, thousands of Maoist supporters and cadres are taking part in the programme, Kantipur reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks