Nepal’s ruling parties press Madhav Kumar not to resign
Kathmandu: Nepal ruling coalition government on Saturday pressed Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal not to resign and bow down to the mass demonstration of the Maoists.
The joint meeting of the parties, held at PM`s residence in Baluwatar, concluded that the democracy in the country would be in threat if the Prime Minister tables his resignation.
They suggested the government not to agree to a dialogue unless the Maoists withdraw the nationwide agitation.
The ruling parties also said that the government has full support from the 22 parties.
The 22 parties also said that they would be compelled to retaliate against the Maoist if it does not stop its anarchy activities.
The meeting also discussed the Maoist mass movement, indefinite general strike and the government`s future strategies.
As advised by the coalition partners, the Prime Minister will address the nation at 6 pm today with a hope to encourage the Unified CPN (Maoist) to withdraw its nationwide indefinite general strike starting on Sunday.
The parties said the general strike starting is likely to go violent considering the recent Maoist activities.
Meanwhile, the mass assembly organised by the Maoist at Khullamanch is underway.
The Maoists have claimed that about 500,000 people are taking part in their programme.
Wearing red shirt and scarf, and carrying communist flags, thousands of Maoist supporters and cadres are taking part in the programme, Kantipur reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?