Nine Afghan girls injured in NATO air raid
Jalalabad: Nine schoolgirls were injured in
a NATO helicopter attack in Afghanistan`s eastern Nangarhar province, an Afghan official alleged Wednesday.
NATO`s International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)
said it was looking into the allegation but had no immediate
"This morning a school was attacked by a NATO helicopter.
Nine children, all girls, and the school`s janitor have been
injured," Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, the Nangarhar provincial
government spokesman said.
"Some of the girls were discharged after receiving
treatment but about five of them are still in the hospital,"
Abdulzai said, accusing the US-led ISAF force of carrying out
An ISAF spokesman said the force was aware of the claim
but "we don`t have operational reporting of it".
"ISAF officials are looking into these claims," the
Last week, ISAF conceded that several children died
during a bombing raid on February 8 in northeast Kapisa
Afghan President Hamid Karzai had condemned the air
strikes and ordered an investigation after saying that eight
children were killed.
The latest report comes amid intense anti-US riots in
Kabul that were unleashed after the burning of copies of the
Koran by foreign forces at the US-run Bagram military base
north of the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy