Nine Afghan girls injured in NATO air raid
Jalalabad: Nine schoolgirls were injured in
a NATO helicopter attack in Afghanistan`s eastern Nangarhar province, an Afghan official alleged Wednesday.
NATO`s International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)
said it was looking into the allegation but had no immediate
"This morning a school was attacked by a NATO helicopter.
Nine children, all girls, and the school`s janitor have been
injured," Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, the Nangarhar provincial
government spokesman said.
"Some of the girls were discharged after receiving
treatment but about five of them are still in the hospital,"
Abdulzai said, accusing the US-led ISAF force of carrying out
An ISAF spokesman said the force was aware of the claim
but "we don`t have operational reporting of it".
"ISAF officials are looking into these claims," the
Last week, ISAF conceded that several children died
during a bombing raid on February 8 in northeast Kapisa
Afghan President Hamid Karzai had condemned the air
strikes and ordered an investigation after saying that eight
children were killed.
The latest report comes amid intense anti-US riots in
Kabul that were unleashed after the burning of copies of the
Koran by foreign forces at the US-run Bagram military base
north of the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon