No change in bilateral ties with Pakistan: China
Beijing: Ahead of Premier Li Keqiang`s maiden visit to Islamabad, China on Thursday ruled out any change in bilateral ties with the new Pakistan government led by Nawaz Sharif, saying the "all weather" relationship will continue.
Li heads to Pakistan on May 22 and will be the first foreign dignitary to meet PML-N chief Sharif after his election victory.
"To develop friendly ties with Pakistan is a set policy of successive governments of China. Likewise to develop friendly policy with China is the cornerstone of Pakistan`s foreign policy," Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Song Tao said, adding no matter who comes to power in Islamabad the all weather bilateral ties will continue.
The outcome of the elections in Pakistan will not have any impact on Li`s visit, Song told a media briefing here on the Chinese Premier`s visit to Pakistan.
Li will set out on his first foreign tour on May 19, visiting India first for three days followed by Pakistan, Switzerland and Germany.
"No matter how the international and regional landscapes and situation within our two countries evolve, relations between our two countries will be further consolidated," Song said.
The fact that Li`s visit is taking place right after elections in Pakistan is full indication of high degree of mutual trust and special friendship between the two countries, Song said.
Li will meet President Asif Ali Zardari besides leaders of Pakistan`s political parties and military.
He will deliver a speech on bilateral relations and meet people who contributed to China-Pakistan friendship, Song said.
To develop and grow a strategic partnership cooperation between China and Pakistan not only serves the fundamental interests of the two countries and peoples but also contributes to regional and international peace, stability and development, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason