Osama row: Pak commission interviews Pak FS
Islamabad: A Pakistani judicial commission
investigating Osama bin Laden`s presence in the country on Monday interviewed Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, who gave his
"perception" about the US military raid that killed the
al-Qaeda leader on May 2.
The commission "conducted a detailed interview" of
Bashir, an official statement said.
The meeting of the commission was chaired by former
Supreme Court judge Javed Iqbal.
The statement did not give details of Bashir`s remarks.
It said the commission would meet again on November 1.
The panel has been tasked by the government to probe how
bin Laden`s presence in Pakistan went undetected for almost
five years, the circumstances of the US raid and any security
lapses that may have occurred on the day of the raid, and to
make recommendations based on its findings.
The commission had earlier interviewed bin Laden`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III